SS/AMX #30: Jimmy Walker car
Delrose Motors, Inc.
Click on document for a larger image
Vintage picture and Hurst paperwork for the Jimmy Walker Car:
History and Accolades:
- R/W/B car as can be seen in the picture above
- Campaigned from 69'-72 and then parked until sold in the mid 80's
- First pass 11.20 -- Best pass 11.12
- Raced in Superstock D and C
- Had modified wheelwells when new and a drop out crossmember
- Other history: Delrose Motors, who sold the car new, had the engine
pulled, balanced and blueprinted by Pittsburgh Crank and Machine BEFORE they
sold the car to Jimmy Walker..The engine only lasted 2 months and blew
up..After that mishap, Jimmy built his own engines and never had a problem.
None of the Pittsburgh area dealerships would give them any type of
sponsorship, hence, the car never was lettered.
Currently located in Arkansas
SS AMX cars